Our Children’s Program: Inspire Me Stories
The Power Of Story Telling
In the last decade, youths have become overly reliant on social media. Even though social media has many positive aspects, it is eroding the inspirations and dreams that are necessary for successful living and development. Young people are spending more time playing online games, and watching hilarious videos on social media, disconnected from the inspirations and dreams that shape their career and future. The purpose of our storytelling is to inspire and evoke Big Dreams.
- Storytelling improves children’s emotional control and emotional intelligence (EQ).
- Many stories we share show a main character overcoming obstacles to achieve a happy ending.
- Stories help children devise solutions and help them to be strong in the face of many obstacles coming their way.
- Enhancing creativity and imagination: Storytelling can help children use their imaginations and think creatively, as they engage with the characters and plot of a story.
- Promoting a love of reading: Storytelling can help children develop a love of reading and a lifelong love of learning.
Most relatable to our organization, story telling enhances the understanding of culture, virtues and wisdom. As a result, they make better choices as they grow up.
Hero stories can provide children with a rich and meaningful learning experience. These stories can help children learn about different cultures and traditions, and can foster a sense of respect and understanding for other ways of life. In addition, these stories can teach children valuable lessons about virtues such as courage, perseverance, and integrity. They can also help children develop empathy and understanding for others, as they learn about the struggles and triumphs of heroes. Stories can be a fun and engaging way for children to learn about history and different cultures, and can help to spark their curiosity and imagination. Participating in cultural stories can also be a way for children to connect with their family and community, and can help to preserve cultural traditions and heritage. Overall, stories offer numerous benefits for children, and every child can benefit from participating in and learning from these stories.
This program occurs on the first or second Saturday of every month. It is designed to share stories of our heroes present and past in a kid assimilating format geared towards inspiring participants to think critically, dream big and stay motivated towards achieving life visions/dreams. Children are given a space to air their opinions regarding aspirations and dreams in a cultural conducive environment that breaks down certain barriers that otherwise would not thrive in the mainstream environment.
Email Programs@amalifeinitiatives.org to have your child registered for the next story time with us. See you soon!